Adonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adonia

You are not connected. Please login or register

Volisania - Badola Castle

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Volisania - Badola Castle Empty Volisania - Badola Castle Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:03 am

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

Events happening at the Badola Castle

Volisania - Badola Castle Castillo-de-Loarre-Archivo-Prames

Members of the Royal Court and Nobility in 1000AD

Royal Family

King Ramon I

Queen Hemma

Crown Prince Ramon
Princess Julia
Princess Cecilia
Prince Carles Josep

Great Ministers of the Crown of Volisania

Lord High Justiciar: Unkown
Lord High Chancellor: Jaume de Plana, Bishop of Cambigues
Lord High Treasurer: Ademar de Sisa, 2nd Baron of Sisa
Lord Controller of the Wardrobe: Unkown
Lord Great Chamberlain: Unkown
Lord High Constable and Commander: Unkown
Lord High Admiral: Prince Ermeneric of Volisania
Lord High Marshall: Unkown

Important Nobles

The Duke and Duchess of Limonès: Antoni Vranas, 17th Duke of Limonès and Lady Maria

The Count of Marè
The Count of Montnegre

The Viscount Plaçavel
The Baron de Sisa: Ademar de Sisa, 2nd Baron of Sisa
The Baron de Logè
The Baron de Rose

The Knight of Quíerri: Sir Roibert de Quíerri, 2nd Knight of Quíerri

Important Clergy

The Archbishop of Ampuria, (Cardinal): Enric Sistach
The Bishop of Cambigues: Jaume de Plana
The Bishop of Aínse

The Archbishop of Limonès
The Bishop of Osca

The Bishop of Bílbilis

Last edited by StillAlive on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

2Volisania - Badola Castle Empty Re: Volisania - Badola Castle Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:13 am

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

Volisania - Badola Castle Garc%C3%ADa_S%C3%A1nchez_II_de_Pamplona_%28Diputaci%C3%B3n_Provincial_de_Zaragoza%29

King Ramon I of Volisania
House of Ampuria

Volisania - Badola Castle Https%3A%2F%2Fhistoricroyalpalaces.picturepark
Day/Time: 1 January 1000 | 00:01 AM (VST)
Wearing: Nobility dress
Content: New Year Speech
Tagging: Open (to Volisanian and Mesogean Christian nobility and limited foreign diplomats)

In primo clausae fuissent portae bellicum ad Badola Castrum in Cambigum: mem stragulam muros ejus attendendum, decora et insignia est; jacet rex Raymundus I et Regina Hemma. Castrum incolebant (quod de Ampuriae Domus) cum a DCCCXII et consuetudinibus regni Volisaniae tempore quo non extat memoria celebramus quoniam veniens ad novi millennii adnumeranda est maxima proceres regni. Undique cincta montibus audiri castri proceres scintillat vidit et audivit Cambigum totam Volisaniam.

In the closed doors of the Bardola Castle in Cambigues; noted for its tapestried walls, ornaments and spangles, lie King Ramon I and Queen Hemma. The Castle, more a fortress, inhabited by the House of Ampuria since 812 and by the Kings of Volisania since time immemorial (692 during the reign of Thrasaric) celebrate the coming of the new millennium with the greatest of nobles of the realm. The Castle surrounded by mountains can be heard all around Cambigues and the entourages' sparkle seen and heard of all over Volisania.

The Court of King Ramon comprises of Volisanian nobles and Christian clergy from all around the Mesogean Christendom, as well as a few from far and remote lands of Illypnia. The Kingdom, peaceful towards its Christian neighbor Berona, constantly suffers from ravaging pillages from the Sterten chiefdoms in Basia. Almost a century ago all Sterten beliefs and their syncretism with Christianity was deemed illegal by King Ermeneric II; however Ramon I has allowed a few Sterten diplomats from Enezafel to remain at court and inform him of the events in the south. The chiefdoms seem weak but Ramon's old age and cowardly attitude detains him from taking action against them. Volisania is in the beginning of an era of splendor, the unification of its territory has allowed its economic prowess to grow; becoming the richest and most powerful nation in Terdolia and the Eastern Mesogean.

Queen Hemma whispers to the King and he seems ready to stand.

Ramon I: "My brethren in Christ, my subjects and nobles..."

All heads turned towards the King and listened.

Ramon I: "May our faithfulness in God keep us strong in this coming millennium, a century of my ancestor's rule has passed, and we continue steadfast in our mission to bring the Lord's word to the savages and barbarians that bother us in the southern provinces. Our nation, one blessed by art and word, blessed by God with beauty all around us, requires of your assistance. The King's speech is interrupted by a dry cough "Excuse me, your old king is unable to continue. May God bless Volisania, and may he curse those who keep turning their heads away from his word."

The King leaves to his chamber, but the Queen and his children remain at the hall.

The attendees applauded confusedly as the Queen urged the nobles to continue the festivities.

3Volisania - Badola Castle Empty Re: Volisania - Badola Castle Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Juls

Juls
Admin

Volisania - Badola Castle 76dbf1dd8a3e33e1aedb3bd05612877b0863dd5c_00

Zurab Bolkvadze
Varkan Ambassador to Volisania

Day/Time: 1st of the Month of Poseidon, Year 7571 AC (1 January 1000) | 0:02 AM (VST)
Wearing: Varkan nobility attire from the era
Tagging: Open (to Volisanians and foreign diplomats)

Zurab Bolkvadze had been a career administrator in Varkana under the Beloved Queen, Roxana III. Unfortunately, her daughter and new Queen Elene VIII did not see his worth and sent him to Volisania as an ambassador in 997. After almost three years of diplomatic "efforts", Varkana remained far from favorable to the Volisanian kingdom. Nevertheless, Bolkvadze stayed and used his position to satisfy his hedonistic tendencies.

His aide Abel, although more of a slave than anything, translated King Ramon's words to him as he made his New Year speech. Hearing of King Ramon's curses towards him and other non-Christians, Bolkvadze suppressed a dry laugh and managed to conceal his smirk as a grimace of hunger while he rubbed his fat belly.

Zurab Bolkvadze (in Varkan): "Old bastard, his days are numbered, he can barely stand... "

Bolkvadze applauded along with the remainder of the courtesans and nobles within the Great Hall as the King made his impromptu exit from the festivities at the end of his speech.

Zurab Bolkvadze (in Aetolian): "Well, the good thing is that this kingdom has decent wine and food. First things first, however, go fetch the gifts."

Abel bowed his head and moved swiftly to get the merchandise. Bolkvadze glanced at the Queen and her children as he waited for the Varkan goods he was about to offer them on behalf of Queen Elene VIII of Varkana. He walked to the guards near their seats and asked for an audience. Abel came back dragging a coffer of goods, including Varkan textiles, wines, Alazani red rice, and others. After being granted the audience, Bolkvadze spoke with a wide smile, knowing Abel would translate his words to the Volisanians' language.

Zurab Bolkvadze (in Aetolian): "Your Highness, this humble envoy wishes to express his gratitude for the hospitality that was bestowed by his majesty King Ramon and offer these gifts as a symbol of friendship and wellness for the new year on behalf of Queen Elene of Varkana."

Abel explained the content of the gifts before retreating behind Bolkvadze and bowing his head.

4Volisania - Badola Castle Empty Re: Volisania - Badola Castle Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:25 am

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

Zurab Bolkvadze (in Aetolian): "Your Highness, this humble envoy wishes to express his gratitude for the hospitality that was bestowed by his majesty King Ramon and offer these gifts as a symbol of friendship and wellness for the new year on behalf of Queen Elene of Varkana."

Volisania - Badola Castle Urraca_Fernandez_Queen

Queen Hemma of Volisania
Queen Consort

Day/Time: 1 January 1000 | 00:04 AM (VST)
Tagging: Closed (to Zurab Bolkvadze)

Hemma (in Aetolian): "Your Excellency Ambassador Bolkvadze; it truly is great to have you with us. They speak of your deeds all over the Mesogean and this court is not oblivious to them. We shall gladly take these gifts. The King will not be able to hold an audience with you, however, would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow? After church, of course. It would be exemplary to be able to talk with someone of your reputation - and your servants could tell our kitchen staff how to cook the rice - The King no longer eats legumes and it would be a shame not to try them. What do you say You Excellency, tomorrow at 20:00?

5Volisania - Badola Castle Empty Re: Volisania - Badola Castle Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:01 pm

Juls

Juls
Admin

Zurab Bolkvadze

Day/Time: 1st of the Month of Poseidon, Year 7571 AC (1 January 1000) | 0:04 AM (VST)
Tagging: Queen Hemma

Bolkvadze listened to Queen Hemma's response in impeccable Aetolian with a smile on his face. Inwardly, however, Bolkvadze was not smiling and was cursing the gods for having a tête-à-tête with the old Queen. In the end, duty obliged. Maybe he could obtain some favors or information as a result.

Zurab Bolkvadze (in Aetolian): "It will be my honor, your Highness."

Bolkvadze bowed his head generously and took his leave as Abel followed him obediently.

6Volisania - Badola Castle Empty Re: Volisania - Badola Castle Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:13 pm

StillAlive

StillAlive
Admin

Volisania - Badola Castle Urraca_Fernandez_Queen

Queen Hemma of Volisania
Queen Consort

Day/Time: 2 January 1000 | 18:03 AM (VST)
Content: Private Dinner with Ambassador Bolkvadze
Tagging: Closed (to Zurab Bolkvadze)

Hemma (in Aetolian): "Welcome your Excellency, do sit down. Try the wine, it's our best vintage. I hope you enjoy the way we've made the rice, we've asked your servants to teach our cooks on the best ways to prepare it."

Queen Hemma pauses.

Hemma (in Aetolian): I am a very curious woman, do tell me, how is your country? I've only heard but the best of things from it, even if it may not be as rich as Volisania... All the epics and tragedies of the past speak of your brave people and the Land of Wolves... Do tell me about Kartolía.

7Volisania - Badola Castle Empty Re: Volisania - Badola Castle Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:13 am

Agunter999

Agunter999

Volisania - Badola Castle Reesti

Michael de Resti
Noble of Lladasino

Day/Time: 3 January 1000 | 12:07 (VST )
Wearing: Volisan Nobility dress
Content: Presentation of New Year's gift
Tagging: Open

Michael de Resti, a member of the House of Resti, one of the noble families of Lladasino (modern day Jadasino), a strong Eastern Mesogean trading city on the shores of Lake Zento. Resti was appointed as an official representative of the city to Volisania. Resti was 36 years of age and had been based in Volisania for 7 years.

Lladasino, on the edge of the Christian world, seeked support against the powerful Aetolia. Lladasino relied trade but competition was high. Their alliances with their Sassian (Northern Slavs) cities and tribes was weakening, religious tensions were high. Lladasino hoped to leverage religious compatriotism with Volisanis to strengthen its political position. Unfortunately, however, a storm had delayed the arrival of the gifts for the New Years celebrations.

Resti walked into the Great Hall followed 3 servants.

Resti: "My deepest respects to the crown of Volisania. The city of Lladasino apologises deeply for the delay of the gifts we had prepared. The ships were caught storms of un precedented vigour. I hope you can accept our deepest apologies

"On behalf of the great city of Lladasino I, Micheal de Resti, present to you 3 wooden models of the ships of Lake Zento. These crafted model ships symbolise the the strong connection between our lands, though by land we are separated by the Aetol, by water we are together, Christian and Christian alike."

8Volisania - Badola Castle Empty Re: Volisania - Badola Castle Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Juls

Juls
Admin

Zurab Bolkvadze

Day/Time: 1st of the Month of Poseidon, Year 7571 AC (2 January 1000) | 6:04 PM (VST)
Content: Supper
Tagging: Queen Hemma

Bolkvadze reached the Great Hall early as to not offend the Queen. As he waited for her, he wondered what she wanted from him exactly and was genuinely curious, hoping for some secrets to be revealed. Instead, the Queen invited him to sit and eat at her table in a polite manner, which he complied with after bowing to show respect.

Zurab Bolkvadze (in Aetolian): "My realm does lack the charms and advantages of Volisania who dominates the Western Sea, but Varkana is one of the largest lands of the Eastern Sea. As you gracefully mentioned, Your Highness, the people are unlike myself, a mere diplomat, but strong and fierce people who are used to adversity. From the Vasari beyond the mountains, the great Central Christian Kingdoms to the south, the familiar former Mesogean peoples to the west and the Aetolian states to the north and east. The successive Queens have enlarged Varkana beyond the original Kartli founded by the legendary Queen Maia in the year 5302 of the Armazist calendar which would be in the 13th century before the birth of Jesus of Nazareth. According to the myths, Maia was the daughter of the goddess Dali and the god Apollo. I know it must seem quite heretical, but is Your Highness familiar with the Eastern religion?"

While Bolkvadze knew very well the Eastern Mesogean had numerous religions from Christianity, Judaism, Islam and Armazism 'coexisting' in the plethora of realms and empires of the Near East, there was only one meaning to the words 'Eastern religion' and it was Armazism. Throughout Ancient History it dominated for the longest time and held its place as the Ledennic influence spread all over the Mesogean until the advent of Christianity that swept across the Mesogean League like a plague.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum